Terms and Conditions
These Terms of Service apply to all users of the site, including without limitation users who are browsers, vendors, customers, merchants, and/or contributors of content.
Please read these Terms of Service carefully before accessing or using our website. By accessing or using any part of the site, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the website or use any services.
- SITE OPERATION:The United States is our Country of Domicile. SUMMER LAUNDRY controls this Site from the U.S. SUMMER LAUNDRY makes no representation that this Site is appropriate for use in other locations. If you use this Site from other locations you are responsible for ensuring compliance with local laws. You may not use, export or re-export any materials from this Site in violation of any applicable laws or regulations, including, but not limited to any U.S export laws and regulations.
Summer Laundry is hosted by Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
- MULTI-CURRENCY PRICED TRANSACTION, if you are visiting SILKANDIVY.COM first time, we're setting default currency as your local currency, until you select another currency, all the prices will be converted to the chosen currency. The displayed prices and currency are for reference only, your card will be charged in USD (United States Dollars) currency and printed on the Transaction Receipt.
NOTIFICATIONS.SILKANDIVY.COM sends emails and sms notifications for order confirmation, order status updates, shipment updates automatically to the email address and phone number which has been entered during checkout.
ACCOUNT. Creating an account is optional during checkout. SILKANDIVY.COM allows visitors to place an order with/without creating an account. Visitor/customer must have a valid email address and phone number to receive message and notifications about order status updates.
Account/order pages may contain sensitive data, such as address, phone number. The user is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of SILKANDIVY.COM account and email address.
- OFFICE FOREIGN ASSETS CONTROL (OFAC) SANCTIONED COUNTRIES.SUMMER LAUNDRY will not trade with or provide any services to individuals and companies owned or controlled by or act for or on behalf of, OFAC targeted countries AND individuals, groups, and entities, such as terrorists and narcotics traffickers designated under the OFAC programs that are not country-specific.
- REPRESENTATIONS BY YOU. By visiting the Site, you represent, warrant and covenant that (a) you are at least 18 years old; (b) that all materials of any kind submitted by you to SUMMER LAUNDRY through the Site or for inclusion on the Site will not plagiarize, violate or infringe upon the rights of any third-party including trade secret, copyright, trademark, trade dress, privacy, patent, or other personal or proprietary rights. The customer using the website who are Minor /under the age of 18 shall not register as a User of the website and shall not transact on or use the website.
- PERMITTED USE.You agree that you are only authorized to visit, view and to retain a copy of pages of this Site for your own personal use, that you shall not duplicate, download, publish, modify or otherwise distribute the material on this Site for any purpose other than for personal use, unless otherwise specifically authorized by SUMMER LAUNDRY to do so. You also agree not to deep-link to the site for any purpose, unless specifically authorized by SUMMER LAUNDRY to do so. The content and software on this Site is the property of SUMMER LAUNDRY. The cardholder must retain a copy of transaction records and Merchant policies and rules.
- YOUR ACCOUNT. If you use SUMMER LAUNDRY Site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your account from any devices, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. The Site shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, in any way for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of, or in connection with, your failure to comply with this section.
NO COMMERCIAL USE. This Site may not be used by you for any commercial purposes such as to conduct sales of merchandise or services of any kind. You must obtain SUMMER LAUNDRY’s prior written consent to make commercial offers of any kind on the Site, whether by advertising, solicitations, links, or any other form of communication. SUMMER LAUNDRY will investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the Site and barring such violators from use of the Site.
LINKS AND SEARCH RESULTS. The Site may automatically produce search results that reference and/or link to third party sites throughout the World Wide Web. SUMMER LAUNDRY has no control over these sites or the content within them. SUMMER LAUNDRY does not guarantee, represent or warrant that the content contained in the sites is accurate, legal and/or inoffensive. SUMMER LAUNDRY does not endorse the content of any third-party site, nor does it make any representation or warranty about these sites, including that they will not contain viruses or otherwise impact your computer. By using the Site to search for or link to another site, you agree and understand that you may not make any claim against SUMMER LAUNDRY for any damages or losses, whatsoever, resulting from your use of the Site to obtain search results or to link to another site. If you have a problem with a link from the Site, you may notify us at email@example.com
COPYRIGHT POLICY. SUMMER LAUNDRY may terminate the privileges of any user who uses this Site to unlawfully transmit copyrighted material without a license, express consent, valid defense or fair use exemption to do so. If you submit information to this Site, you warrant that the information does not infringe the copyrights or other rights of third parties.
You acknowledge and agree that SUMMER LAUNDRY will own all rights, titles, and interests in and to any copy, translation, modification, adaptation, derivative work or improvement of the On-line Materials made by or for you. At SUMMER LAUNDRY’s request, you must execute, or obtain the execution of, any instrument that may be necessary to assign these rights, titles or interests to SUMMER LAUNDRY or perfect these rights, titles or interests in SUMMER LAUNDRY’s name. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY, LIMITATION OF DAMAGES. SUMMER LAUNDRY MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTY OF TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR OTHER VIOLATION OF RIGHTS IN RELATION TO THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, VALIDITY, RELIABILITY OR CONTENT OF THESE PAGES AND/OR THE SITE. SUMMER LAUNDRY ALSO DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY REGARDING THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY ADVICE, OPINION, STATEMENT OR OTHER INFORMATION THAT IS SUBMITTED, DISPLAYED OR UPLOADED THROUGH THE SITE BY ANY USER. SUMMER LAUNDRY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS OR FOR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE, EVEN IF SUMMER LAUNDRY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THE LIABILITY OF SUMMER LAUNDRY WOULD IN SUCH CASE BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT OF LIABILITY PERMITTED BY LAW.
LICENCE GRANTED TO YOU. By providing materials to SUMMER LAUNDRY, including by submitting or uploading content or materials for use on the Site you represent and warrant that you or the owner of all rights to such content or materials has expressly granted SUMMER LAUNDRY an irrevocable world-wide right in all languages and in perpetuity to use and exploit all or any part of the content and materials provided by you. SUMMER LAUNDRY may publish and distribute any such submitted content or materials at its sole discretion by any method now existing or later developed. You agree that you shall waive all claims and have no recourse against SUMMER LAUNDRY for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary rights in any communication, content or material submitted to SUMMER LAUNDRY. Any communication or materials you send to SUMMER LAUNDRY will be treated as non- confidential and non-proprietary and may be disseminated or used by SUMMER LAUNDRY for any purpose, including, but not limited to, developing, creating, manufacturing or marketing products or services.
ADVERTISING. The Site may contain advertisements and/or sponsorships. The advertisers and/or sponsors that provide these advertisements and sponsorships are solely responsible for ensuring that the materials submitted for inclusion on the Site are accurate and comply with all applicable laws. SUMMER LAUNDRY is not responsible for the acts or omissions of any advertiser or sponsor.
The Information that we Collect, How we Collect it, and How we Use it
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect personal information you provide us such as your name, address, and email address. This information is shared with the entities fulfilling and shipping your order.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system. With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products, and other updates. We never sell or present personal data to a third party. We may disclose your personal information only if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data are stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases, and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data are stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
Silk & Ivy does not store nor see any credit card information.
Security of Data
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands such as Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
Links to Other Websites
Protection of Personal Data